Do More

Do More

Friday, August 16, 2013

Athletes should play with their food.

Decided to do some experimenting today with both when and what I fuel my body with. The last couple days were a little off-track. Chipotle...Pizza...Doghouse...Pinot Grigio...graham crackers...yeaaah. Fun, but definitely off-track. I don't eat "perfectly clean", but my body is accustomed to healthy food and when I go a little overboard, I can tell immediately. It's a blessing and a curse.

Anyways, today was the day to pull myself together, and I decided why not mix things up a little. Really pay attention to what I'm fueling with. Also, be aware of when I'm eating. Sometimes, I'm ravenous but make myself wait an extra hour or so just because I feel like whatever time it is isn't the "right time" to be eating lunch etc. But also, sometimes, I find myself snacking when I know for damn sure that I'm really just bored/stressed/lazy/ or super dehydrated. I also haven't been using all the supplements I have to my advantage recently. I'm blessed my husband works at The Vitamin Shoppe. I've got a lot of cool, free shit. Gotta use it!

This is a detailed log of my workouts, eating, and vitamins/supplements - also, what time I ate them. I'm curious, but also I'd like to be able to look back at this for reference purposes during later weeks of my Half Marathon training.

...

(Edited: this was written 08.16.13)

5:10 -  Water


5:24-6:35 -  8.2 mile run (1:10:51)

                      BCAAs post run in 20 oz water


7:45 -  1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in 6 oz water / low-carb, sugar free Rockstar


8:00 -  2 Over easy eggs, 1/2 chopped small avocado, 1/2 med. apple, salsa
             Multivitamin


10:30 -  1.5 cups salad mix, 4 oz chopped chicken, 2 T sunflower seeds, 1 T Balsamic Vin.
               1 Caffeine free energy pill


1:10 -  4 oz chopped chicken
            1 c kale, 3 mushrooms, 1/2 chopped apple, 1 slice turkey bacon sauteed in 1/2  
             Tbsp. coconut oil, 1 Caffeine free energy pill


1:30 -  1/2 preworkout packet mixed with 12 oz water


1:50-2:55 -  HIIT Circuit / Core Circuit
                     BCAAs post workout in 20 oz water


4:00 -  Shared a smoothie with Micah.
            6 oz unsweetened almond milk, 1 c spinach, 1 Tbsp mint choc. protein powder, 1 
            scoop vanilla protein powder, 5 frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana


6:30 -  1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in 6 oz water


7:00 -  2/3 c. Quinoa (cooked in chicken broth)
            3 oz. Tofu sauteed in 1 tsp sesame oil
            Sauteed green pepper/onion/broccoli in spray
            sauce (split bt/twn 2) - 1 tbsp soy vey, 1 tbsp lite soy sauce, chicken broth, 1 tbsp 
            cornstarch    

No comments:

Post a Comment